Friday, September 26, 2008

Politics are chic right now

Proof that I'm not your typical teenager: it's Friday night and I'm going to watch the presidential debate!

While I am an avid Obama supporter, I admit, I don't really know my shit. All I know is that this is the year 2008 and it is certainly not the time to be electing our oldest president yet. Let's try and be a little progressive here people! Obama promises change, and we could certainly use that after the past 8 years.

I first saw an interview with Barack Obama on the Tyra Banks Show many months ago. They talked about the music he's into, his first date with his wife, and other topics that are of interest to REAL people. He even played basketball with Tyra, and was really good! I don't remember everything, as this must have been almost a year ago, but I just remember thinking, how rad is it that this guy could be our next president?

Politically, his campaign seems the most honest and in the best interest of the American people. He is a big supporter of the environment & energy efficiency (as am I), reformed health care, and creating a more equal/balanced economy. I don't feel like going into great detail about any of these issues, but that doesn't mean I'm not informed. If you want to know more, http://www.barackobama.com goes into great detail. I feel he has some really great plans. It's like the only reason people wouldn't support him is because they believe he's too good to be true.

I was a McCain supporter for about a minute and a half when he chose Sarah Palin as his vice. I heard this on E! News, I believe, where they showed a short clip of her and mentioned she was a former beauty queen. That clip did not mention, however, her extreme lack of experience. Ironic, considering experience was the one thing McCain had over Obama. This, among other things, prove his hypocrasy. Old people. Sheesh.

I feel the need to mention that I do like Sarah Palin as a person. I just don't feel she is equipped to be president. If any woman is even able to run for president, she has my support a little bit. But I hope that when we finally do have a woman president, she can be someone that most people can respect. Like me. ;]

And if there aren't enough reasons to vote for Obama already, he definitely has the best t-shirts:



All shirts are from http://cafepress.com and http://store.barackobama.com.

I totally want one ASAP so I can piss off everyone at my small Christian, conservative school. Oh, how I love being a nonconformist.

No comments: