Saturday, November 29, 2008

I have officially 'sold out.'

I have lost all traces of individuality. I am no longer special. I have carved out my soul, my brain, any essential part of me and thrown it away. Yesterday, I saw the Twilight movie...and liked it.

For the past year I have seen ALL my friends fall slowly under the Twilight spell. Every couple of weeks I would walk into class and find yet another of them lost in the book with the unholy little red apple on the cover. "NO! Not you too!" I would say.

But they all claimed it was an amazing story despite it being about a girl who falls in love with a vampire, and that they were in love with Edward Cullen, despite him being a fictional character. They were sure I'd love it if I gave it a chance. Hah.

But when the movie came out...I got curious. Sure, why not. Seeing the movie will not suddenly brainwash me into an Edward loving drone. But I was wrong.

I mean, look at him:
He is pretty much flawless. Finally someone is making pale cool again!
Those glasses + that hair = love. Like a young James Dean.

I found the movie itself to be really good as well, probably because I hadn't read the books first. The whole being a vampire tragedy saved this from being another sappy teen love story. It also took place in this beautiful, rainy setting that gave it a really mysterious & magical feel. And some parts were seriously intense. For me, anyway. Like near the end when there was lots of blood (something I can't handle well). It was really good as far as movies go.

That was probably the shittiest review of all time, but since I barely know the story, I couldn't really do it justice. I never thought it would come to this, but I now plan on reading the books. Sadly, they are checked out at every library in the area. Curse you, Twilight fans. You have converted me.

1 comment:

A. said...

Twilight fangirls scare the shit out of me.

...but that certainly doesn't keep me from worshipping at the altar of carved marble that is Robert Pattinson.