Saturday, November 22, 2008

Thank you for the sun, the one that shines on everyone who feels love.

Happy Thanksgiving from the laziest blogger ever. It's been far too long.

I got my Nylon magazine the other day and like usual it has led me to some great musical discoveries.

Such as this girl:

You've got to love someone who dresses like that. Ebony Bones of the UK is the first artist in my iTunes library whose genre I have classified as "other." I suppose her music could be described as something along the lines of tropical-influenced dance-hall/electronica. She says in Nylon that she "loves meshing style and music" and hopes to "redefine feminity in music." Proof of her eccentricity lies in the fact that she has a song called "Don't Fart on My Heart." This girl was probably quite the freak in high school, and I have a feeling we would be great friends.

I'm also trying to decide what I think of this girl:
Peaches Geldof is a socialite from England who is supposedly famous despite my never having heard of her. On paper this girl sounded like a dream; a political-minded student of English literature at NYU who has made documentaries and at the tender age of 19 has 11+ tattoos and is married. She sounded incredibly mature & ambitious until I saw a couple videos of her broadcasting skills on youtube and suddenly found her to be extremely bland. Her voice has this lazy tone about it so that even when she's talking about politics she sounds stupid & bored. Even though one of her documentaries is about the Muslim lifestyle & trying to prove that it is nothing to fear, I found a quote of her saying "the Iraqi war was necessary." Political my ass. I'm not sure where this girl stands...


I'm going to choose to ignore all that however and judge her on the above picture. Blue hair. Hippie clothes. Big eyelashes. And I do love her tattoos. There's lyrics on her lower back, a book (I think) and the words "Ex-Valentine" on her forearm, among many others. They seem to be tasteful and meaningful, unlike that of most celebs. Yeah, Peaches is alright with me. She's a definite style icon if nothing else.

Oh, and this is album is a tad bit incredible:

I've been a Kanye fan for awhile, but he's definitely hit the peak of his creativity with this whole electronic thing. Of course he's been called a "sell-out," but I've been known to follow artists for long after they sell out. That's when things get good. Favorite tracks are "Heartless," "Amazing," "RoboCop," and "See You In My Nightmares." Download them. & Happy Thanksgiving.

No comments: